How to Run a DB Repair
Dealer Solutions uses a Microsoft Access Database. Sometimes this database can get corrupt due to saving issues, simultaneous use, computer error, etc. If you are trying to correct unusual errors that are occuring withing Dealer Solutions first try these steps. If the errors still occur follow the instructions for a DB Repair below:
Repair your Database
- Go to your MAIN (Server) computer that uses Dealer Solutions
- Close Dealer Solutions out of EVERY OTHER COMPUTER
- Run a database backup
- TOOLS > BACKUP DATABASE
- Go to HELP > OPEN DEALER SOLUTIONS FOLDER
- Now Close Dealer Solutions, leaving this folder window open
- Run DBREPAIR.EXE
- If it says it is open on another computer it will give you the computer name where it is still open. Go to that computer and close it or just turn that computer off for now.
- Wait for it to finish, even if it says (Not Responding). This can take 20 seconds to 5 minutes depending on the database size. Do not click anything else. Give it time.
- Once it is successful reopen Dealer Solutions and your errors should be gone.
Call for Help
This is a very serious issue any time you have to do something to your database. Please call for assistance if you are not comfortable with this step by step guide.
Latest Product News
Facebook Marketing $50/mo!
Did you know KGI partnered with Facebook to offer your dealership; Page Optimization, Vehicle Catalogs and FREE Facebook Marketplace listings!?
Weekends: Leave a Message